Monday 22 August 2011

Sharing your blog

Bird Tree
Based on Yoraba beaded headdresses
Stitched with a 100 year old Willcox & Gibbs chain stitch sewing machine
When I teach students 'face to face' I often use sayings and quotes.
I haven't put any in the Modules for Distant Stitch, but thought I would share them with you on this blog.
One of my favourite, and one I always use at the beginning of a course is this:
'We all live under the same sky,
But we do not all share the same horizons.
Always remember to use what talents you possess,
For the woods would be very silent,
If the only birds that sang there
Were those that sang best'
Author unknown
As, I hope, you will share your Distant Stitch work with the other students on the course I hope you think it appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment